The amazing dissappearing and reappearing Platty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultratonic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning one of my platies has dissappeared without a trace. I search all over the tank around the floor, could have jumped but unlikeley since I have a cover. I read that sometimes if the fish dies in the night the others may eat it. This, sadly, was my conclusion since he was nowehre to be found. later today, he was there again. happy and healthy. has oneone had fish vanish and come back from a tank? Or does he have powers akin to David Copperfeild?

You need to get that on video! Maybe he's got a cloaking device.... if you could get your hands on his technology you'd be rich!

I'd set up a hidden camera. ;)

Romulan, IMO .

*gasp* Yes, Sudz is secretly a trekkie!

My frog sometimes gets himself in odd positions that i cannot see. I don't want to move the rocks to find him sometimes, for fear of crushing him (my brother did that when we had our salt water tank and bloodshrimp (jaquez R.I.P.November 2004 - November 2004)

Are there any fresh water fish in existance that can change the color of their skin/skales at will? if so... HOW MUCH! i want one! My rainbow fish changes color regularly, for no rhyme or reason though. He seems most colorful about 30 minutes after eating.

maybe that's it but i tend to think that we may have a platty of prey on our hands. Or he could have developed a nanosuit which will conceal him from the naked eye. i've seen such things on the 007 everything or nothing game on my ps2.

Its official: Ultratonic1's tank is really the gamma quadrant of known space.

Freaky.

Its nice that the tank didn't die even though startrek did... I died a little that day.

I don't know where Star Trek can go after Enterprise. Trekkies may be in for serious downtime. until then, we have my tank to keep us entertained. I will call it.....deep space 10!

should he be called Q? I had been naming my fish after the Transformers but this is truly a trek feel. I'm such a geek.

Me too sudz. I used to be a big Star Wars fan, but George Lucas destroyed that childhood universe by marketing it to the lowest intellectual and PC level. Star Trek, however, has always been reliably inconsistent, so it's what you expect!

All I know is that if I am ever in space and I have a problem, I'll be checking my Warp Plasma Conduits. It's always them.

Have you found his hidey hole Utratonic?

oops... missed page 2. hehe. I like the idea of an Oto named Odo! A bristlenose Pleco named Worf....

Oh, that dead fish? That was Lt. Yar... :)

have not found the worm hole that the platty must be entering.. Also may I add that Lucas did indeed destroy the Star Wars franchise. the most anti climactic stuff i've seen. I hope Jar Jar died when they issued order 66 in the last film.

LOL, that would be nice. Order 66. Kill all jedi. And that annoying thing that is called jar jar binks.

Totally! I'm thinking of calling my clown loach Nog (because ferengi always reminded me of clowns)

My black phantom tetra's are a tight bunch, are gray, and always look kinda angry. I think they'll be the borg "collective" because they are hard to tell apart, lol.

My big barb is already named adolf, because he leads all the "smaller" fish around when they school. Even though hes on his own (austrian? lol ) he leads all the other fish.

I named the single neon in my tank after my girlfriend, because its incredibly stubborn, and so is she. She was actually flattered, lol

Ultratonic1, remember, the wormhole only opens as something approaches it, remember?

Also, Would you mind if i got a pleco and named it worf? I am in need of a better cleanup crew... All i have is a clown loach and 3 cherry barbs. I'm thinking a siamese algae eater as their BBA appietite is well known.

I have 3 clown loaches that do that very thing! The first day I brought them home, I would constantly check on them. Well, when it was time for bed, I peeked into the tank and was missing one!

I proceeded to move around the decor, wondering where it could of gone to. After a fruitless search I could not locate him. I went to bed stumped.

The next morning he had reappeared. They all do it now when they are tired. I have a big, hollow fake stump in there (My pleco lives under it). The roots on it are hollow, so I can only surmise that they retire there when they are tired.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom