The best heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce410

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I'm getting a 29g.

I know to get either a 150W or 200W. no biggy. BUT, which brand do you guys recommend? I want to get one that's adjustable and is very reliable. I have an Aqueon right now in my 10g and seems to be good. But that's all I've had. I'm gonna spoil my 29g so I want to know what the best is for a 29g. Thanks!

(I tried searching for this cause I figured someone else had to have asked but I got tried of looking.)

Marineland has a recall on some of their heaters. You can read pros and cons on every heater there is. It's a crap shoot. I would go with one that has a life time warranty. It is also recommended that you run the heater through a controller. Good luck

I would definitely stay away from Neptune heaters. I have one that came with my 29 gallon tank. I've only read poor reviews on sites across the web. My biggest problem is that the dial to adjust temperature is difficult to turn. It makes it extremely difficult to accurately adjust temp. I use an Aqueon heater in my 60 gallon tank that works very well for me.

Ebo Jager or Rena Smart Heater, by a long shot. Even the old Stealths are crap compared to those.

severum mama said:
Ebo Jager or Rena Smart Heater, by a long shot. Even the old Stealths are crap compared to those.

Thanks!

And the most quite air pumps per chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice App

I like the Rena's, but my fav is the Hydor ETH if you have a Canister filter. It's all I run in my tanks now along with my Rena XP3 filters. It's inline with the output of the filter, so no heater in the tank. And they are very reliable and keep the temp very stable.

I like the Rena's, but my fav is the Hydor ETH if you have a Canister filter. It's all I run in my tanks now along with my Rena XP3 filters. It's inline with the output of the filter, so no heater in the tank. And they are very reliable and keep the temp very stable.

Ah yes, I forgot about these. A bit pricey but I have never read a bad review of them. I'd love to give them a shot someday but can't justify the cost while my Jagers are still working beautifully. :p

For the 29g should I get a 125w 150w or 200w jager? Need to keep temp around 77 deg. And room temp is about 69 to 71 deg.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice App

I hate to admit it, but when I got ich in my 30 gallon, I bought a tetra heater from walmart to boost my temp. (money pinch at the time), and to this day it holds my tank at a perfect 82 degrees. Overall, I think I got lucky, but it might be worth a shot. Or, check these out : Fish & Pond Supplies, Aquarium Supplies, Live Tropical Fish

I still have a perfectly functioning Tetra heater that came with my 55 gallon. Keeps stable temps at all times.

Meanwhile my expensive Marineland Heater didn't hold temp, another Marinelane heater was recalled.

So as said above, it's a crapshoot.

Most of my tanks now have Fluval E-Series heaters, mostly for the protective guard.

Just for info out there, I had just got an email today from I think Big Al's Online, and there's a line of the Stealth heaters that now have a recall.

fluval E200 supposed to be a good one :) tetratec ht 100 watt heater i currently have in my 29 uk gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom