The best thing about MTS (multiple tank syndrome) is ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
Let's hear your thouights !

Here's my contribution:
You can spread the "urge to feed the fish" around - there's always a hungry mouth to feed LOL

Who knows what kind of trouble all that money could have gotten me into otherwise!

Keeps me at home and out of trouble. Don't forget the look on visitors faces when they walk into you fish room and say "Wow".

The good thing about MTS?
One word explains it all. VARIETY.....
You can have a variety of different fish, different settings, planted, non-planted, all rock with cichlid, SW, reef, etc.

When people ask you about your "fish tank", and your response can stretch on for minutes.

Having enough tank space to keep many different fish w/out overcrowding them, or swapping some out when you want a new or different species. Then there's the grow-out space for fry...

multiples

What you guys (and gals) said, plus;

Anytime I drink a bit too much coffee on a day off, there is always something needing doing to burn it off.

And I never seem to get bored anymore. Exhausted, maybe, but definatly not bored. lol

Cures spending too much time watching sit-com reruns !

ps to HotMama - your answer had me laughing out loud - I see this was your first post - welcome to AA !

Lonewolfblue said:
The good thing about MTS?
One word explains it all. VARIETY.....
You can have a variety of different fish, different settings, planted, non-planted, all rock with cichlid, SW, reef, etc.

i have to 2nd that.

You can have tanks dedicated to different fish
Or
tanks dedicated to different water environments (freshwater/saltewater)

I don't have MTS yet, but I am just itching to now!

All of the above....as well as:

The educational opportunities for my kids. One of my kids is a very inactive second grader and it has been major work pulling him away from the TV, now since we have set up the 55 gallon tank in the living room, I find him watching the fish MORE than the TV! I am loving this!

He asks me all kinds of questions and if I dont know the answer we find out together. It is really awesome! He was the fist one to notice that none of the tetras seem to like the red flakes ...go figure...

Now I want to get more tanks just so we can check out more species than what we want in our main community.

The younger two kids love it to, and when I turn off the TV, they sit glued to the "fishies" as they call them for much longer than anything else I try to entertain them with.

I second the WOW factor when people come in the house and go sraight to the tank to watch, I think maybe he fish have hypno gaze or something and suck you in...lol.

what's more fun than finally finishing your cycle and stocking your tank? planning your next tank! the possibilities seem endless, whether it is a 5 gal or a 55 gal, the possibility of a new fish community is endlessly exciting.

i just stocked my large tank after a 4 month process of obtaining all the "stuff" and building the stand. of course, i finished this tank in the same weekend i started the second 10 gal.

i will proclaim that this is the last tank!... until my girlfriend moves her tank to school and i have an empty slot on the 10 gal stand.

One thing I like about having multiple tanks is that most water treatments usually treat 5 or 10 gallons at a time. With so many tanks, I can just do them all together instead of trying to measure a smaller amount of solution for a small tank without anything to measure by.

Bubble_B0y said:
You can have tanks dedicated to different fish
Or
tanks dedicated to different water environments (freshwater/saltewater)

This one's my excuse too ;-) :) River condition setup, cichlid tank, brackish puffer tank, etc. :D

Back
Top Bottom