The Craziest Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hacket

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok So I was just sitting here 10 minutes ago browsing this forum and watching Family Guy, when I heard a loud clatter come from my tank. It's one of those tanks that come with a filter assembly (eclipse). I'm thinking what the heck, and so I go over there expecting my filter wheel had jammed or something and sure enough it had! My pleco is just small enough to fit in the opening where the water comes OUT. I found him underneath the wheel, obviously enjoying himself!

There was no way I'm touching the thing (with the spines and all), so I took out my net (which didn't fit in the assembly) and gently nudged him. He completely spazzed out, turned around, and squeezed out the hole again!!

I think he must have been sucking on the bottom of the assembly and started going in, liked the current coming out, and kept going. Needless to say I'm going to keep the water level below the assembly from now on. That was a first...wow.

Anyone else have any pleco stories?

I could only wish that my pleco was willing to explore that far away from his cave! :rolleyes:

Glad he made it out okay though.

My pleco is all over at night. He woke me up the other night making racket and I just discovered that he digs into the gravel and sits under it, and then swims up, knocking it everywhere!

My pleco very rarely moves away from his cave at night. He will sit in the entrance of the cave and push anyone out that trys to get in. He is a giant bully. He is now outgrowing his 10 gallon tank and being moved to a 90 gallon. But i hate how big common plecos get so eventually he is going out to my pond. I could eventually see me trading him back into the store. But yes i find plecos to be very fun to watch. But wat fish isnt.

Back
Top Bottom