The Disappearing--and Reappearing--Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoilus68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
On Halloween of this year I did a radical 75% water change to try and lower the 2.0 ppm ammonia level in my tank. I had three female guppies, one male guppy, two guppy fry, and two black mollies in the tank at the time.

The next morning I looked and couldn't find Goldeen, one of the f guppies. I took all of the ornaments out--ALL of them! Nothing left in the tank but gravel and my water filter. All of the other fish were present and accounted for, but Goldeen was MIA.

I looked around the tank, made sure she hadn't jumped the shark, and then finally assumed she was dead and subsequently eaten by her tankmates.

It's a fish eat fish world, right?

Well, 38 days later, I'm *still* trying to cycle this same 20 gallon tank. I begin using PRIME instead of the Wal-Mart brand water conditioner, and I do another 25% water change.

Later that day I wander upstairs and look into my tank. There, beside all the usual fish, is GOLDEEN! The missing guppy from Halloween.

All I can think is that she's just been hiding behind the water filter, or in the large skull; it just seems AWFULLY strange that she would be in there (obviously she was) and the male didn't know about it because she is his absolute favorite female. Like seriously dotes on her all the time.

Have you ever had a fish disappear? Is this as odd as I think it is? :eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom