the fun of a leaking tank and the new one that is cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
woke up this morning to feed the fish, to find my small tank for the maingano leaking, and a bit of water over the floor, see the thing is i had my new 20 g cycling for him but couldnt put him in because it hadnt fully cycled. this led to a hard decision, place the fish in the new cycling tank, or leave him in the leaking one that could drain completely. i took the placing of him in the new one, before i place him in though , i decided to move all the ceramic rings from the established tank into the new tank, tested the water for ammonia and ph, to see that the water was alright. placed his boat and a plant from established tanks into the new tank also. i thought this would be the best option because it was already from an established tank, helping bacteria growth ( at least i think ) lol.

its been two hours now, and he seems to be doing fine, i dont thing anything major will happen so far, so long as the bacteria can establish and deal with his waste.

his rather funny to watch as he has already started moving rocks out of his ship, and poking his head out to look around.

ill keep ya's all posted :)

Back
Top Bottom