The last few months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumrah

Aquarium Advice Freak
In short, my 10g ram biotope sprung a leak, the rams died shortly after moving them, and i have 3 nearly full size glofish as a result of breeding 2 store bought ones.

I'm down to the one 55g tank now. Inside lives: My Pleco, 5 glofish (pic is of the babies that are now full grown), 5 clown loaches (~4"), and one lone angel.

I transfered all of the plants from my ram tank into the 55g. I checked the water params today (after forgetting to change the water for weeks).

dkH: 8
dgH: 12
NO3: 50-60ppm
NH3/4: 0ppm!!

I was suprised about the 0ppm of ammonia to be honest. I guess those bacteria are really doing there job.

My concern is the rather high nitrates. I know that the plants will enjoy the higher nitrate levels, but is 60ppm a level of concern for my fishes well being?

Thanks
-David

I agree that your NO3 is rather high. Considering that you got those results after a water change is cause for concern. I would suggest re-testing today to see if the plants have put a dent in it. If not, another PWC is in order.

Back
Top Bottom