The missing danios..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jpb1216

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I had maybe 12 and I'm down to 4 zebra danios. There are no bodies in the tank or filter and the ammonia is normal. Could me denison's barbs be slowly eating them.

I do have both a canopy and some plexiglass covering the two openings on the top

I had 5 zebra danios and 3 went missing within 4 days and I couldn't find any bodies. I have 6 tiger barbs and I think they are to blame!:/

I guess it's possible they could have eaten it. Usually, fish will eat sick for or dead fish, even the bones. I know it's weird, but you're not the first one. Another possibility is that some got stuck in the filter.

No there are only rocks and drift wood. And I have a pre filter and just cleaned the filter. So they aren't there. I just didn't think that the danios were that small compared to the denison's mouth.

Here's my story
One day I put six danios in my 55 , 4 of them went missing, couldn't find the body's
One day I woke up, and noticed my rainbow fish had something white in his mouth, as I took a closer look, it was the spinal cord of a danio with his tail fins still stuck to it
Not the best fish to keep with even peacefully fish:/

tiger barbs can be very aggressive. I have had fish dissappear with barbs being present. I figured it out by finding white fluffs which ended up being the carcasses :(

Dang well I guess I'm gonna turn the tank semi aggressive and take the danios back. All I have is
6 peppered cories
2 hifin pleco
6 Denisons barbs

tiger barbs can be very aggressive. I have had fish dissappear with barbs being present. I figured it out by finding white fluffs which ended up being the carcasses :(

This has nothing to do with this post but I saw your signature and was wondering how you kept the MTS under control? I don't wanna throw a yoyo or clown loach in the tank cause I fear they will eat all the snails. Do you just throw in some food and then throw it away later?

This has nothing to do with this post but I saw your signature and was wondering how you kept the MTS under control? I don't wanna throw a yoyo or clown loach in the tank cause I fear they will eat all the snails. Do you just throw in some food and then throw it away later?

The MTS in my Sig means "multi tank syndrome" LOL

But botia loaches I've found are great for snails. Or I've read putting in s cucumber slice, then toss out when the all come to eat on it

Lol dang. The botiq loach would probably fit right in my tank perfectly. I have too many bottom dwellers though IMO.

My botias seem to swim at all levels. I see them resting on certain plants like its their house lol

Back
Top Bottom