the most you've paid for a single fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our Africans run about $20 TO $45 each. It was a sigh of relief when I bought the Tetras for $3. lol The most expensive one we bought was $80.

Hold the phone, we have a winner (lol):

7.99/each for GBR, and...drumroll please...9.99 for a boesemani rainbow (you all thought I was a big spender too!)

$2.50 ea. for 4 swordtails.
$2.00 ea. for 3 otos.

Currently I have 3 swordtails and 1 oto and they are all well worth it. So yeah I spent my life savings on fish.

My Ctenopoma acutirostre was $11, which was great considering I was willing to spend like 5 times that. When the right lot of Ctenopoma ansorgei comes around (watching aquabid like a hawk), I'll be willing to kill for it.

I think my rhino pleco might have been around $15 at the time I got him. He's almost 8 now, so I've gotten my money's worth. :)

I paid $45 for a special kind of pleco a while back. He died from a bacterial infection a couple years later, and I honestly don't remember what kind he was.

He was black with white spots. I'm thinking it was something like a "ghost pleco". I haven't found any others that look like him though. I named him spot. I'm original.

Most I've paid for a single FISH is around $40. If you count the overnite shipping, double the amount. Good bit of cash for 1 fish, but it was a male plagiostoma eel, WC from Lake Tanganykia. They're not commonly available, and I had a female that had recently laid eggs, so...
The aggravating thing is the fact that the male eats the eggs after they spawn. :(

Here pictures of my $105.00 gold apistogramma triple reds { male}
f0b30eed.jpg

Female
f0b30ed5.jpg

wow, i'm amazed.... I thought there would have been bigger numbers!

Most i spent was $200 on my Saratoga Jardini (Australian Arrowana)
And he was about 10inches when i got him!

Attachments

• fish_011_296.jpg
    fish_011_296.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 31
Toirtis you mean $300 for an asian aro right? i hope

otherwise i'd say you hammered what we spend

$15 each for some of my eartheater cichlids.

trotty said:
Most i spent was $200 on my Saratoga Jardini (Australian Arrowana)
And he was about 10inches when i got him!
Wow, can't those get to nearly 40" long? Must need a huge tank, yes?

Mosaic said:
When the right lot of Ctenopoma ansorgei comes around (watching aquabid like a hawk), I'll be willing to kill for it.
Um..: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwanabantoid&1153711649

Toirtis, what size tank you have/are getting for the aro?

hc8719 said:
Toirtis you mean $300 for an asian aro right? i hope

otherwise i'd say you hammered what we spend

No, I mean $3000....I just can't see myself spending $6500+ for one of the AAA grade gold heads, so only a AA blue sapphire crossback for me.

Awesome, I'd like to get one someday. Most likely not for a looong time though.

The most expensive fish...lets see, that has to be one for my pond, i spent $35 on him, but he is direct from china (i coulden't resist(no regrets either) I will put i picture below. I have spent close to 20 on domestic koi, but you can over 75 years of enjoyment from them.

The runner-up would be my male betta, Topato (tomato and potato, those words mixed together) who cost me $5

Back
Top Bottom