The nerve of some people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was visiting with my local breeder yesterday, when I noticed that her pair of Zebra Plecos was no longer a pair. So knowing that she rarely has fish die I decided to ask what happened. It ends up she had a hatchery full of customers and one of them stole the pleco(which the moron probably carried off in his pocket). I knew that there was some inconsiderate people in the world, but to steal a fish from such a nice old lady(and good friend) is absolutely crossing the line.

She is waiting to see if anyone tries to sell her a male. She took pics and apparently the stipes are like finger prints so either she will nail the thief or aquire a new male. It's a real shame too the young would have been available for a very reasonable price.

Honestly, it cant be too too hard to track down, I mean, not many people have them at all. Could she start tryin to get word out to the people she knew didnt do it, have them ask around, etc? have someone put out an add for buying one etc?

That is just sickening. I visited someone's fishroom, too, and he had a tankful of zebs. They were waaay up top, though, and he is a big and burly guy....I still thought "Lock that tank", 'cause people get so insane about those fish! Very, very sad.

It's disgusting primarily because of the rarity of these fish which is down to overfarming in the wild. That people then resort to stealing them, without regard for the need to set up breeding programmes to recover numbers, is a testament to how low some people will go.
Terrible :(

That's pretty bad. I've always wondered how easy it is to steal fish from a store. It's like lining your purse with plastic wrap at a buffet I suppose.

Anyone who steals a fish honestly needs some professional help.

It's getting pretty sad when you get worried about someone sticking their hand into a large tank of water, to steal some 100 whatever dollar fish and running off with it....

I called friends that I have at the surrounding stores and asked them to watch out for this guy, I also asked my friend to email each of them a pic. Hopefully they'll catch them if they try to trade it in.

Back
Top Bottom