The old new 55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bud29 said:
That is another great idea, if you went with just tiger barbs, you could maybe do 6 regular, 6 green, and 6 albino. That would look quite cool.

I plan to do this with my 55 in the future. Do you think 18 barbs are okay in a 55? Will their bio loads be too much?

mikeISright said:
How about this:
2- angelfish
2- GBRs
10-15- von rio flame tetras
2- synodontis
1- small plec

I like this idea. I'm a big fan of flame tetras. Maybe get a group of top schooling fish as well? Like Harlequin rasboras or something since the flame tetras hang out at the bottom

mikeISright said:
How about this:
2- angelfish
2- GBRs
10-15- von rio flame tetras
2- synodontis
1- small plec

sounds good, i had forgotten about the synodontis. check on the aggression levels of the tetras, because i had bought some buenos aires tetras and thought they were just regular old peacful tetras, but i ended up having to feed them to my oscar after they nipped the heck out of my angels.

I do recommend looking up polka dot loaches for future stock lists, they are great personable fish with cool markings and are very funny to watch when kept in a school of at least three.

But most importantly do what you want to do! Only you know what you do and dont like. Good luck and post some pics when you have stocked! :)

Oh i actually didnt know the flames stayed on the bottom? And should i ony do harlequin rasboras then?

FishFanatic88 said:
sounds good, i had forgotten about the synodontis. check on the aggression levels of the tetras, because i had bought some buenos aires tetras and thought they were just regular old peacful tetras, but i ended up having to feed them to my oscar after they nipped the heck out of my angels.

I do recommend looking up polka dot loaches for future stock lists, they are great personable fish with cool markings and are very funny to watch when kept in a school of at least three.

But most importantly do what you want to do! Only you know what you do and dont like. Good luck and post some pics when you have stocked! :)

I will look the up! I actually almost grabbed some yoyos a while back. I love loaches. Ok thanks! I will definitly post a ton of pictures for all to see! Thanks for all the help!

mikeISright said:
Oh i actually didnt know the flames stayed on the bottom? And should i ony do harlequin rasboras then?

I think you could do both. I have them both and I really like them

I think you could do both. I have them both and I really like them

Yes, harlequins are very cool fish. I would suggest getting the angels as juveniles, though, because when full grown the angelfish will have such a size advantage over the rasbora they might bully and/or eat them. If you get the angels when they are smaller they will grow up with the rasbora and learn to accept them, basically.

I am excited to see some pics later on!

-bud

Alright i think thats how i will stock it! Thanks again! Ill take plenty of pics. Heres one of the scape itself.

Attachments

• image-3145815706.jpg
    image-3145815706.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 81
Ill take some better ones later with a camera not an iphone. And its heath miller from the steelers!

By the way can u guys name all possible tetras i could keep in this tank with a school of like 12-15

I think these would be OK:
serpae tetras
ember tetras
neon tetras
cardinal tetras
emperor tetras
diamond tetras
glowlight tetras
pristella tetras (also known as x ray tetras)
Head and tail light tetras
Silvertip tetras
Black skirt tetras
White skirt tetras
bleeding heart tetras

Once again, these are the ones that I think are OK. There might be some that aren't but I am pretty sure the majority would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom