The Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok...i keep reading how great the python is because you just hook it up to the tap and do your water change with no buckets(sounds fantastic). My question is, how do you condition the water going back into the tank? Do you just condition the whole tank after the water change is done?

Thanks

Still learning

You can put in the condition right before you start filling the tank with fresh water. The conditioners works instantly to dechlorinate the water, so as you add the water to the tank it is safe when it mixes with the water already in the tank.

Yeah, I just pour the measured conditioner into the tank where the filter spits water out so it hits the current.

If it makes you feel better, you can also add your conditioner just before you start to refill the tank. If I do it this way, I just point the water where I added the dechlor in the tank. You can do it either way. The conditioner works instantly.

The Python will bring your life to another level, believe me. I will never, ever lug buckets of water again! :)

I am a faithful Python user, too, and as long as you use straight tap water it is the only way to go. One tip - they come with a white plastic sink adapter and they often get stripped and stuck on the faucet, so get the brass adapter that is sold as a Python accessory, or get one at the hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom