The use of Stress Coat ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was using Kordon's Amquel and Novaqua to treat tank for water changes and chlorine removal. I was told that the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals StressCoat was like the BEST!! So, I bought it to try. The thing I have had mixed responses about is, some people say I only need the StressCoat and nothing else. And others say to use the StressCoat and an additional Water conditioner. AHHHHH!!! :?
So, do what is the correct procedure? Stresscoat alone or in addition to something else? Thanks from my fish!! :lol:

Stress Coat eliminates chlorine and helps neutralize chloramines. I'm under the impression that this is what's necessary for "water conditioning". I don't see the need for an additional water conditioner when doing water changes. I suppose if your ammonia is too high you could use Ammo-Lock or something. But as far as water conditioners, I would say just use Stress Coat. The guy at my lfs said that Stress Coat is basically Amquel + Aloe. I don't know how true that is, as I'm not familiar with any of the ingredients. Good luck.

Yea stress coat is the best...it makes your water smell good...fresh!
I always use it with water changes or add it directly to the tank when fish injure them selfs or if they are stressing. Stress coat and Stress Zyme go well together when you first set up a tank.

By the way I wanted to ask you guys about Aloe Vera plants...I have some growing in the back yard and I was wondering if its possible to extract it and use it in the fish tank? can you just add that thick sticky juice from the plant to the fish tank? :roll: or is there some kind of process done before it can be added to your fish tank?

Not sure if you can use it right out of the yard? Sorry, but ireally do not know much about the Aloe Vera, except that it is great for burns!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom