Themed Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i`m probably going to do saltwater anyway but even if i dont go with her theme, i may hide a spongebob or mr. krabs figure in the reef somewhere. just to give it a little character.

I have thought of some great ideas as themes for aquariums but ever since the person that posted a desire to do a theme tank of a movie (The Abyss) that had a "water creature" I was afraid to reply. The thread got moved to the lounge since it wasn't believed to be serious. Some people began making posts with humor that varied from hilarious to downright abyssmal (pun intended). Some members posted themes that were so incredibly creative that the line between seriousness and sillyness became blurred, to a point that the seriousness of the thread's creator was ambiguous. It was finally removed. Is this one considered legit?

Thanks guys. I love my tank, and I'm glad you guys like it.

There is still more to go in, such as plants and canopic jars.

oh, btw, I actually came across the abyss creature for fishtanks online. Except it is VERY expensive. haha

Oh 6foot, that looks awesome! But....wheres the baby Moses? LOL

You know, I looked at your tank and thought: "Wow, what if I did an underwater NY scene, ala Planet of the Apes." I'm sure someone would take offense LOL but hey *I'M* a NYer and the idea tickles the hell outa me. Maybe once the 55g and the planted 10g are done...

LOL! Planet of the apes would ROCK!!!

No Baby Moses yet, I have to find one first ;)

Maybe I should hit up those religious stores.

I love the EGYPT Idea! My 20g FW tank I am slowly working on myself. I am building the background myself using different cave designs. (Maybe I should say putting together rather than building..but anyway) I am already looking forward to a cool FW tank for my goldfish named Oscar :oops: , (I named him before I knew there were oscars). Anyway, I would like to make his tank an Oriental theme. I have already looked at the chinese style temples and I think I'll put a picture of the Great Wall behind the tank..What do you think?

I think that is a cool idea!!!!

Do it up and take some pics!!!!!

But I have never seen Chinese tanks, or Egyptian tanks

There are cave fish that do not have working eyes but they are not overly common in the aquarium trade.

The local Petsmart sells these horribly small theme tanks. I know they sell a Japanese one with a little temple and a fake jade piece. Another is an Amazon theme I think...

I have never seen such a thing in my petsmart!!

Next time I go, Im going to look for it so I can laugh too.

Back
Top Bottom