Themed Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

SixFootDaisy

Come on guys, I want to hear if anyone has themed aquariums!!!

Right now, I'm working on getting new items for my 29 gallon. I searched the web and came up with Egyptian decorations. Well I am THRILLED! Ancient Egypt is my favorite time period.

Unfortunately the only place that has the stuff is Petco and I hate Petco. But I have to do what I have to do right?

So this week I'm going to buy all my new stuff, a temple, a row of columns, and two figures of Horus which will both be in front of the temple on opposite sides.

And for the background? I thought you'd never ask.

I'm going to buy poster board, or parchment paper and write passages from the Book Of The Dead in both hieroglyphics and Hieratic Script. But once I remember, I'll let you know. I think parchment paper would be a better idea because it looks older. But I sure wish I had some papyrus.

I'll take pics of the tank once I get everything in and done, maybe without the background because that will take time to do.

I'm going to buy poster board, or parchment paper and write passages from the Book Of The Dead in both hieroglyphics and Hieratic Script.
Mondo cool!
So this week I'm going to buy all my new stuff, a temple, a row of columns, and two figures of Horus which will both be in front of the temple on opposite sides.

Should look great, what fish you have there? will they fit the theme?

lol, Nile River. haha

Right now I have 3 pristella tetras, one dwarf gourami, 2 red minor tetras[I think], and a golden algae eater.

I'll be getting more fish in a month or so. :)

I'm so excited about decorating. I can't wait to get the stuff :)

I have an Amazon black water tank (check my gallery). I have a school of 9 cardinal tetras, 2 cory cats, and 2 otos. The skull (which is coincidentally my avatar) is a jaguar skull I got at... :oops:...petsmart...

LOL! Funny!

I'm going to check out your tank, I bet it's beautiful.

Baby Moses? Bwaaahahahah thats brilliant! Do it 6foot! Heck LOL I'll buy you one LOL

You buy it, I'll float it. Or maybe I should ground it somewhere, maybe put some other people in there. haha...

Where would I find people to put in my aquarium? [other than from outside, I could drown them in my tank, but I dont want to ruin my water]

Oh, also... I want to put a sarcophagus in my tank, but I can't find one made specifically for aquariums. What type of material is okay to put in the tank?

OMG Egyptian! I love it! I'am trying to think of a theme to! I was thinking of doing like a fantasy thing. They have a lot of neat coloured plants and things at my LFS, and I was thinking of putting in a little unicorn toy or something lol. Or I was thinking of making it like a stable cus I love horses. But I can't decide! I think I should just get more tanks, then i can do them all!

ashley

I love the stable idea. I love horses, too :)

I'm so excited about doing my new aqaurium, and I'm thrilled by the replies so far in this post.

Ashley, if you go to www.discountaquariumsupplies.com they have a lot of things for cheap, but nothing on Egyptian things. They have a fantasy section :)

Thanks for the link!

Also in my LSF they have a huge tank and is decorated like a golf course. It looks so neat! I'am getting my grandfather a house warming gift, a fish tank :D , and i'am going to decorate it like that.

ashley

that is such an awesome idea. I want to see pictures!!!

I just found a set of four canopic jars that I bought for my tank! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Just a though 6foot, but do you have a local ceramics place near you? Heh, you could make your own baby Moses.

Btw, will be in your neck of the woods tomorrow *grin* hopping the train down to the city to go visit a friend teaching a class down there.

I'am so excited now to!!! I firgured out I can do both the stable and the fantasy one cus once my oscars move from their tank I will be using that one as a growout for bettas.
I'am going to decorate the oscar tank as a stable. I was thinking of doing this:
I will get a pic of a barn and blow it up for the background. Get green gravel for the bottom, and in one spot put some sand for a jumping or dressage ring. On one side put a little paddock with some toy horses. and also put some misc horse things around. and get some plants that look like trees to put around. But i will have to find some room for a piece of driftwood and a rock cus my Os love them.

The one for the bettas I'am just going to get a bunch of funky plants and rocks. In my LFS the have a bunch of little dragon decorations so i will pick some of them up to.
OMG iam so excited now! Can't wait to go to the LSF and pick everything out!

ashley

Thanks for the idea Allivymar! I will check it out :) Good luck in the big bad city :) What school does your friend teach at, if you don't mind me asking.

Ashley, if you have a big size tank, get model horses similar to the size of Breyer horses, or maybe you can even use them! Check Ebay, they have them pretty cheap sometimes. Use a piece of driftwood as a jump! That way it won't look too akward in the tank. :)

But then there are breeds to pick out. I'm a big fan of Shire horses. Draft horses are so beautiful :) Of course if you make an equestrian ring, maybe you can even use a horse with a saddle and bridle! Or maybe you can find a horse in a jumping position, and take off the jump it is going over and make it look like it is jumping over the piece of driftwood! WOW!

Horse themed aquariums are a GREAT idea! I need to go buy another huge tank ASAP!

OMG thats such a good idea! I think i will do that! Maybe I will make like a cross country course! Its a 160gal tank so there is room for everythin! I have like a million of these Grand Champions, so I think i will use them.

ashley

I got all my stuff for my aquarium, and it looks awesome.

Pics tomorrow if I can.

My wife wants me to decorate our 55 up as bikini bottom, home of spongebob squarepants. Its a cartoon on nickelodeon about a cartoon sponge and his bestfriend a starfish, squirrel, and the other creatures of the ocean. Its pretty funny.

I LOVE SPONGEBOB!!!!

He is the coolest cartoon ever!!

Back
Top Bottom