Themed tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know a lot of us have tanks that are just a random assortment of compatible fish we like and random decor, but I also know a lot of people keep tanks with themes. I am curious as to how many other people on this forum are fond of themed tanks, and if so, what kinds.

For instance, I personally am a big fan of biotopes (my current project is an Amazon biotope), and I've considered a couple other themed tanks, most notably a "scaleless fish" tank (clown loaches, ghost catfish, etc). And that's not even touching on decor themes.

So, spill. What themed tanks do you have or have seen and what other ones do you like or want to have?

i did have set-up an amazon themed tank for several months. hmmm, i have always wanted to do a large tank with large rocks, big plants, and a powerful current- sorta like a fast moving freshwater stream.

Although the fish and plants don't his a specific biotope, I decorated with Moai, thanks to inspiration of other members in this forum.

img_785858_0_b60e1f06ab891a8e31b8dca2a3b1cb59.jpg

the only theme tank i've built so far has been a malawi mbuna tank - complete with a diy cement background, rocks and sand.
right now i'm looking forward to a CA tank -with loads of driftwood, rocks and green terrors.

Back
Top Bottom