Thermometer inaccuracies....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed that my temp strip on the glass is very inaccurate. I just got a digital thermometer with a probe that goes in the tank. The one on the glass says 78 and the probe says 74.2. Big difference there. I think I'll trust the probe, and bump my temp slowly up to 78.

The one on the glass says digital, but is way off. It's the kind that doesn't use glue to stick and you can move it anywhere on the tank. So I'll just remove it and get rid of it. Wonder if it would be more accurate in the tank? Not sure it will stick that way, lol.

Not all stick-ons are perfect. I got the digital off of Amazon.com. It's called Water Thermometer. I can have it display the tank temp or the air temp in the room, and have high and low alarm settings.

I quit using my stick on for that very reason, almost always a 4 degree difference in the temp at least. I have a digital for the 125 and a suction cup type for the others.

I put my old thermometer back in the tank, sits on the bottom. It's maybe a degree different than the digital, if at all. So the digital is correct, and the stick-on is way off.

Back
Top Bottom