Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-25-2003, 12:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to zephyr
Quote:
I have to agree, whether you agree or disagree with the opinion, there is no reason to belittle anyone
Everyone: Yeh, sorry, shouldn't have. But that really is not an opinion. You just let him get away with saying unrelevent things that annoy people.
Vicshaw: MATURITY!

Old 04-25-2003, 12:50 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
What exactly did he say. I never seen anything out of line.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:11 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to StarrKill
yikes. this became a somewhat heated topic thread. (if you are in australia wouldnt this site be something like .co.au or .co.uk instead of .com? i didnt know people from other countries often frequented the .com's.....but anyway) yeah, i got a kind warning about a site link that i had posted in my profile. they just want to keep the site kid friendly. afterall, the site has to do with fish, not Ariel taking off her seashells if you know what i mean. lol. Anyway, those sure sound a bit like snails, although not knowing much about aquatics and not having any pics to go by, it does make it a bit tough to identify.
_Stephanie___The Road to nowhere leads to me....*Ozzy Osbourne* I don't know if I'm real without you, What is left of me without you?, I don't know whats real without you, How can I exist without you? *Stabbing Westward*
StarrKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr
I have these strange white things inhabiting my 10 gallon aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr
I am just curious on what they are,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicshaw
I think they might be garden snails
IMO, his response was to you original post, and was completely relevant. Now let's get this back on topic. Can you get us a pic of the critters in question? I agree it sounds like snails, but without a pic it is difficult to be certain.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 06:24 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to angelstiger
I agree it sounds like malaysian trumpets. I have them in my planted tanks. They came in on plant material. They are quite benificial not just for algea control, but when they burrow in during the day, they help stir up the substrait. And lots of the tiny ones are eaten by the fish. So it's a live food source, that needs no maintenance. As to the Q word, it is so rediculous the things we do in the name of politically correctness. That word meant "odd" long before it meant homosexual. And it was used in that context. What's next we won't be able to say *beep*, oops too late.
55 gal. livebearers, 55 gal. oscar, 29 gal. tetras, 29 gal. angels, 29 gal. female bettas, 20 gal. barbs, 20 gal. guppies, 10 gal. fry, 10 gal. grow out, 10 gal. quaretine, 10 gal. feeder, (16) 1 gal. male betta
Yeah i'm getting too many aquariums. Maybe I'll stop setting them up after I get a 125 or 180 or 300 gallon...... Sure I will. hahahaha
angelstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 02:00 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Vicshaw Send a message via MSN to Vicshaw
pathetic

Don;t have a temper tantrum then will you Zephyr?!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:45 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to ConanTheLibraia Send a message via Yahoo to ConanTheLibraia
Snails can be alright, but they reproduce like mad. They will help with the algae situation but leave their slime behind. For algae i suggest a pleco. but hey, if your having no problems with the snails, go for it. If they do become a problem though, there are fish you can look into that should eat the snails.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:53 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to zephyr
Quote:
IMO, his response was to you original post, and was completely relevant.
His response was that he thought they were garden snails. You know, the brown ones that are NOT aquatic. Grow up vicshaw.

Are have been reading up on snails, and i'm certain they are malaysian trumpets, but what i am really pondering is the other snails i described in my first post. Any ideas what they are?
On a lighter note, yesterday i went to a farm and got to drive for the first time, shoot for the first time and ride horses.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:35 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
His response was that he thought they were garden snails. You know, the brown ones that are NOT aquatic. Grow up vicshaw.
Drop it, and move on.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:11 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Vicshaw Send a message via MSN to Vicshaw
What does IMO stand for? I keep seeing this expression and don't have a clue what it means!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com