Things are finally sorted I think! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good news at last, after all the problems I've had things are looking up. My male betta was put into a little cage that you use for pregnant females in the tank and he stayed in there through his bad case of white spot etc. We realised we'd read the bottle wrong and mistook litres for gallons hence we didn't add enough meds to the tank. Now that we have we've done the days 1, 2, 3, and 6 treatment and all his white spot has gone and his fins have unstuck themselves and are free flowing now.

Although there is still a little shiny blob here and there on his fins, almost like a wee excess of a blister bubble, but I'm hoping that will clear up. Should we add more of the meds even though it's only the 4 day treatment as above... or jst wait for it to disappear? Once he's free of the little cage we have to catch the flippin' neons before they start nipping him again!!

Just to let you know how things are going. :)

That's terrific gmac. Re medicating. Follow the directions on the package and treat for the full time period specified.

Hi gmac! I was thinking about you and your tank the other day. I'm glad things are getting better! Yes, follow the dosing directions on the bottle/package. Some meds may say that you can give a second course of treatment in 7 to 10 or whatever number of days. I have done that many times. Don't hesitate to treat again if you feel it is necessary. I'm glad you're removing the neons from the betta tank!

Back
Top Bottom