things i learned today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
they say you learn new things everyday... i learned 3 today...

1. cleaning pool filter sand SUCKS no bones about it... cleaning 200 lbs of pool filter sand when its 35 degrees outside just plain sucks...

2. filling 180 gallons with a python takes a very long time... took 96 mins to fill my 180 using my python... longest 96 mins of my life... constantly checking for leaks praying the floor would hold yadda yadda yadda...

3. when a 180 gallon tank is finally filled and ready for cycling it looks AAAAWWWWEEEESSSOOOMMMMEEE....

its beautiful... im gonna dose ammonia for the first time tonight... cant wait to have fishies in there... i didnt use the ungodly huge piece of driftwood i bought because it wouldnt sink... but now that its all set up i kind of dont want it in there... i like the barren desert like look... i think ill put one of those hokey sunken skulls in the middle and call it a day... im digging it... alrighty... i should have a pic up tonight when my wife gets home with the camera:cool:

200 lbs of sand! Wow... how deep does that cover the bottom of a 180G tank?

pics!???
you should take step by step pics of you setting up your tank.

yes i know i SHOULD HAVE taken pics throughout... buy my wife had the camera and i wasnt waiting hahaha... its all filled and everything is running great started dosing ammonia yest. ill have a pic up soon i promise

I am SO with you! I just recently did a similar thing with my 150. I think it was about 16 degrees outside when I was dealing with sand so I rinsed it in the tank. The tank was drilled so I installed a drain in the bottom with a DIY screen to keep fish from getting sucked down, and attached a hose bib spigot to the side of the stand. Ran a garden hose out the door and rinse, drain, rinse, drain, etc.

Once it was filled, though, it was the coolest. You could almost take a dip yourself, right? :cool:

Definitely need to see pics!

oh heck yes... 180 gallons... 6ft long... im only 5'10" i could bathe in that thing its AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom