thinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am thinking of either selling or giving away my 10 gallon fish tank and accesories for a small adoption price thinking of getting a kitten instead

i just have the ten gallon i have set up then another tank that is not setup with just the rocks and tank in the basement just collecting dust

Please, lovefishies; don't get a kitten or any other animal until you are sure you give it a good home and that your husband is not going to harm it.

I reviewed some of your other posts; it seems like there might be some worry for an animal's long-term safety and security, as well as perhaps your own. Be careful when thinking of adding another pet. And stay safe yourself.

I'm concerned, and I know some other members of the forum probably are as well.

i decided to keep my tank and not get a kitten i forgot to mention that i have 5 baby guppies they are getting big they are so cute to i have 3 in the 10 gallon now and still 2 in the 1 gallon because they are to small yet to go in the 10 gallon should i get any algae eaters or should i wait longer till guppies get bigger?

you really don't need to have an algae eater in a tank. if you want something in case you do get algae I would recommend a snail or two - they're alot of fun to watch and don't get as big as the algae eaters, and they come in some great colors

i cant get any more fish because i need to get a new car :( i wanted more fishies

joannde said:
I would recommend a snail or two - they're alot of fun to watch

that has to be the saddest, most pathetic sentence ive ever read, but it made me laugh

make sure you seperate the male and female guppies before they get mature, otherwise they dont get colorful at all, and end up being feeder fish...

well hubbie said i couldnt get any more fish :( i wanted two more that was it oh well see ya

hc8719 said:
joannde said:
I would recommend a snail or two - they're alot of fun to watch

that has to be the saddest, most pathetic sentence ive ever read, but it made me laugh

LOL hey - I was SERIOUS !!! they ARE fun to watch ! I have 7 mystery snails in my tank and they're all over the place. Its a HOOT when they latch onto an algae wafer - they wrap their foot around it and then move it in a circular motion chomping away all around the edge. And seeing 3 or 4 of them lined up on a piece of zucchini is a pretty colorful event.

joannde said:
LOL hey - I was SERIOUS !!! they ARE fun to watch ! I have 7 mystery snails in my tank and they're all over the place. Its a HOOT when they latch onto an algae wafer - they wrap their foot around it and then move it in a circular motion chomping away all around the edge. And seeing 3 or 4 of them lined up on a piece of zucchini is a pretty colorful event.

I am just afraid that if i got 1 or 2 mystery snails that i would end up with 10-god knows how many in a matter of months. This fear is probably why i wont put live bearers in my tank too :D

-Pleco

Pleco, to put your fears to rest.... with a mystery snail - aka Brigs *the colorful ones* you NEED BOTH a male and a female. The eggs are laid above the waterline, they look like a tiny bunch of grapes (only white-ish), one could easily remove them if no more are wanted. So, go... enjoy the antics of a snail! :)

lovefishies, glad to hear you are keeping your tank, and having fun watching your guppies grow. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom