Thinking about a new 55gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
O the title says it all. I have an extra 55 gallon stand extra lights, and extra bio-wheel 350, extra heaters pretty much everything I need to get a tank up and running minus the stuff on the inside. I also know Petco is doing the buck a gallon sale so I was thinking of getting another 55. I know I want to go low tech planted. So I'm just looking for some suggestions on what I could do with it. I'm pretty much open to anything except live bearers too much hassle with all the breeding that would happen in the tank. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

You could do a rainbowfish tank or something like a couple angels, tetras (not neons with angels) or rasboras, cory cats or loaches, dwarf gourami, smaller threadfin rainbowfish for surface swimmers or hatchet fish. You could also do a planted tank with the above fish.

With that 55 gallon tank there should be lots of options of fish. Maybe you would even want a HUGE shrimp tank. :D

eduguy said:
Thats confusing. :D Do they look like tangs

Haha! No not at all :) these were some that I was considering for my 55 Tanganyikan build! Black compressiceps and purple rainbow tropheous.

Attachments

• image-927216168.jpg
    image-927216168.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3023896859.jpg
    image-3023896859.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image-809163423.jpg
    image-809163423.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
This! I love these videos and the whole setup. I haven't seen many of these setups here on the forum. I think it would absolutely sick!

Back
Top Bottom