Thinking about doing a smaller tank on my desk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was considering getting a smaller tank for my desk. Maybe a 10 gallon? After thinking about stocking options, I was interested in an African dwarf frog. I was considering one of them along with perhaps some neon or black neon tetras, maybe a guppy or two? Also, I was considering a snail for the tank too, but I'm limited in knowledge about them. For example, if I get one mystery snail, will it breed out of control until I have like 100?
Any suggestions for my stocking ideas would be great, or even your own stocking ideas.

I was considering getting a smaller tank for my desk. Maybe a 10 gallon? After thinking about stocking options, I was interested in an African dwarf frog. I was considering one of them along with perhaps some neon or black neon tetras, maybe a guppy or two? Also, I was considering a snail for the tank too, but I'm limited in knowledge about them. For example, if I get one mystery snail, will it breed out of control until I have like 100?
Any suggestions for my stocking ideas would be great, or even your own stocking ideas.

I think everything you are thinking about will work. Get only make guppies if you get them.
The snail will not reproduce like that. And if by chance you got a fertilized female, they lay there eggs in a large clump out of the water. So they are easily removed. :)

I think everything you are thinking about will work. Get only make guppies if you get them.
The snail will not reproduce like that. And if by chance you got a fertilized female, they lay there eggs in a large clump out of the water. So they are easily removed. :)

I think I will go with that stocking idea then. I am shopping around for the tank now. I was also wondering if I can use Seachem products like Prime with the frog and the snail or would they need special chemicals?

Back
Top Bottom