Thinking of breading betas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ive had many a beta over the years and was thinkin of mabye gettin a male and female or even 2 femals to one male would a 5gallon be to small? i wouldn't mind getting a 10gallon for them but i might have other ideas if im going to buy another 10 gallon any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
ive had many a beta over the years and was thinkin of mabye gettin a male and female or even 2 femals to one male would a 5gallon be to small? i wouldn't mind getting a 10gallon for them but i might have other ideas if im going to buy another 10 gallon any help would be greatly appreciated

Never put females in with a male for long term. Only put them in for breeding and take them out immediately. The male will kill the female. Five gallons for each male, in a separate container, is fine, but ten is more desirable.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Bettababe1011 said:
Never put females in with a male for long term. Only put them in for breeding and take them out immediately. The male will kill the female. Five gallons for each male, in a separate container, is fine, but ten is more desirable.

really i never kknew the male would get aggressive twords females

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
really i never kknew the male would get aggressive twords females

I would suggest doing much more research then. There is a lot more that you need to know.

To breed fighting fish the there is a long and painful and sometimes expensive journey.
You ahve to first "condition" the fish to get them ready for breeding this means that you feed them food that have a high protein and nutrition value. Also live foods are the best when conditioning them. After the male AND the female have been conditioned you have to know when to add the female at the right time a tank of 20 gal will be much better because then you can make a lot of hiding spots where the female can hide before and after breeding. The male will also make a bubble nest where the eggs will be stored one hatched i segguest feeding them baby brine shrimp no older than a day. Once they start growing then you will need many glass jars or small tanks. Because they will start fightiing eachother when their fins start devolping. At that point they will live in the jars or small tanks but the females can stay together. then what you do with them is your decision
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom