Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

This is kind of a stupid/silly problem, but perhaps some of you have seen it too

So one of my Zebra Danios loves and is obsessed with the bubbles that result from my filter's outtake flow flowing into the water. So much so that he doesn't even care about the food when I feed my fish.

My other three Danios go nuts for the food, but this guy will just keep chasing/playing in the bubbles.

Any suggestion? Have any of you ever had this happen to you?

(Oh, and I can't shut my filter down every time I feed my fish, because sometimes it takes 12 hours or so before it primes back up and starts working again after being shut off)

Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

I don't have a suggestion for your fish but what kind of filter do you have? Why does it take 12 hours to prime?!

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
I don't have a suggestion for your fish but what kind of filter do you have? Why does it take 12 hours to prime?!
It's a Tetra filter. It's actually broken though. It didn't use to take long to "prime". But now it does.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish24907

It's a Tetra filter. It's actually broken though. It didn't use to take long to "prime". But now it does.
Hob? Do you pour water into it to prime it? Running it for hours without water could burn out the motor.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
Hob? Do you pour water into it to prime it? Running it for hours without water could burn out the motor.
No it's an in-tank filter. It's the "Whisper Internal Micro Filter" that came with my old 5 tank.

I'm using it to help seed my new filter in my 20 gallon tank.

It has been having problems for a week or so now. Three days ago, it just stopped working altogether for two days. So, I don't want to take the chance of turning it off and having it not be able to start back up.

I'm hoping it can run for another 2 weeks or so before I get rid of it and my new filter is completely seeded (according to guys on here, around 3 weeks is how long it takes to seed a filter using an old one).
Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish24907

No it's an in-tank filter. It's the "Whisper Internal Micro Filter" that came with my old 5 tank.

I'm using it to help seed my new filter in my 20 gallon tank.

It has been having problems for a week or so now. Three days ago, it just stopped working altogether for two days. So, I don't want to take the chance of turning it off and having it not be able to start back up.

I'm hoping it can run for another 2 weeks or so before I get rid of it and my new filter is completely seeded (according to guys on here, around 3 weeks is how long it takes to seed a filter using an old one).
Is it possible to take the media out and put it into your new filter? Then you can chuck the broken one now. I'm sure your danios getting enough food BTW. You might not see him eat but he would be

Tags
haps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com