Those who have the Wal-Mart 46 gallon bowfront...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madame_X

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can you help me out? The Wal-Marts here in Arizona don't seem to carry this deal (or the tank at all, for that matter). I was going to see if I could have them look it up for me, but knowing the people at Wal-Mart I'm going to need very specific information.

Does anyone still have the box? Can you send me the SKU number from it (as well as exact brand name on the box, etc.). It would be helpful if I knew what cities this is available in, too.

I'll send 50 kudos to the first person to send me a valid SKU number! :)

Thanks folks!

well, it wasn't in a box, it was already assembled. All-Glass makes em...

sku#: 0-1590507504-6

Is called the 46 gal bowfront combo

Tempting... How good does the stand look? The LFS has a regular 55 with stand and light for $287, but I just think the black pine stand is too cheap looking and the hood is very cheap too. Pampered by my all-glass hood I guess.

Dropped by my local PetCo today for my semi-weekly wander and, lo and behold!, they have an All-Glass 46 bow front with stand and reflector for $198 or so. Probably the same deal!

Well, the stand is pretty standard as far as I can tell. It's all black, with one door. It's not as rounded as some of the bowfront stands I have seen. Have you checked out my photo gallery to see the tank? I have a few pics in there but I don't think you can see the stand. But I will see what I can do.

So how's the stand look at Petco?

And yep, already went hunting in your gallery :wink: Just noticed you're from Norwalk! We go there every year for the Pontiac Nationals to show and race our car.

Thanks for the info, Freshwatergal... :) Kudos your way.

We went to another Wal-Mart (that's four now) and they did not have the tank or any indication that they'd ever had it. I'm going to go check out Petco but we were just there the other day and didn't see a deal on their 46 gallon bowfronts. :x

If I don't have any luck finding it, we'll probably just go with a 55 gallon. I've just caught the two tiny little brichardis (that my husband really, really wanted) picking on the SA puffer--and I was not happy! So looks like we're going to set up a cichlid tank before they get big enough to do any damage to the puffer.

My Walmart does not have this tank, either. I am really interested in the bowfront for a Brichardi tank, myself, and that sounded like a good deal. I will keep searching the classifieds!

If you take the UPC I gave, they should be able to look it up and get one in for you. I was at a wal-mart yesterday and they had 2 of them. My local wal-mart still has one...if I had the money I would get another one and take the plung into salt water...LOL

Good Luck!

Seems that Canadian Wal-Marts are not the same as the ones in the states. They have 29 gallon kits and they had one 44 gallon corner aquarium that had flat sides. (not a bow front).

I am in Houston, Our Wal-marts dont have any fish tanks!!!

Atleast not in the 2 Super Walmart's I've been to.

Nice Tank FreshwaterGirl. I am looking for one like that but a deep for my bed room.

Hope you like your new tank FishGirl!!! I called WalMart for FishGirl and gave her the SKU# ...if you give the # to any WalMart they'll order the tank for you. My aunt didn't want to drive to a big SuperWalMart so she just ordered it at the Customer Service counter at her local MiniWalMart. Had it within a week!!! :mrgreen:

You know the fronts were falling off those tanks at one point. Apparently there was something worng with the silicone and they just ruptured. I can see from you post that Wallmart have been selling cheap cheap. Guess they want to dump all their useless stock. Do yourself a favour and the Ornamental Fish industry as a whole and go to an LFS and leave the supermarkets to groceries.

Has anyone checked WalMart's website for the tank? One of the things about the website is that for folks who either don't have or don't want to use a credit card, they can take checks online.

And Mouse, there is a fairly extensive post in these forums about LFS v. mega retailers. I personally think every individual has to do what's right for his/her own checkbook. . . I buy from both - typically livestock and food from LFS and equipment from large retailers.

Back
Top Bottom