Those who use reverse osmosis ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to buy this today. Just wanted to run it by some of you it's ro/di and 100gpd

Was there supposed to be a link?

Having listed this in the freshwater section is it safe to assume you have a freshwater tank? If you use RO/DI in freshwater tank you will need to treat your water to replace some of the minerals ect. that are removed by the filter.

I have a 50 gpd filter for my saltwater tank and it works just fine for my needs.

Was there supposed to be a link?

Having listed this in the freshwater section is it safe to assume you have a freshwater tank? If you use RO/DI in freshwater tank you will need to treat your water to replace some of the minerals ect. that are removed by the filter.

I have a 50 gpd filter for my saltwater tank and it works just fine for my needs.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=270

Sorry about that. This is freshwater. Is replacing minerals necessary if I have no plants? I just need very clean water, and a low ph.

I use ro and have done for over 2 years, as the water in Tenerife isn't fit to use for anything and I personally don't use anything with it, so please let us know if we should !

If your using RO to cut with your tap water to lower Ph/Kh/Gh then you do not need to add any minerals since your trying to lower those minerals in your tap water by using RO.

If your using 100% RO then yes you have to use a reconstituting product such as Seachem Equilibrium for planted tanks and Seachem Replenish for fish only tanks.

If your using RO to cut with your tap water to lower Ph/Kh/Gh then you do not need to add any minerals since your trying to lower those minerals in your tap water by using RO.

If your using 100% RO then yes you have to use a reconstituting product such as Seachem Equilibrium for planted tanks and Seachem Replenish for fish only tanks.

Alright cool! What's the difference between the too? Like could I use equilibrium if I don't have plants?

They don't affect ph at night and you only use enough of the product to raise the Ph/Kh to the desired level you want.

You use it per directions to attain the levels you want in your tank. Read the directions and figure out how much it will take to make the ph level what you want it to be. It's not that complicated if you follow the product directions.

You use it per directions to attain the levels you want in your tank. Read the directions and figure out how much it will take to make the ph level what you want it to be. It's not that complicated if you follow the product directions.

Alright I'm just making sure I don't need additional products

Back
Top Bottom