Thought I would share

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ynotony

Aquarium Advice Regular
So this is my freshwater tank that has been up and running right around 2 weeks now everything is testing fine and I'm monitoring it closely

Habitants

13 black neons
5 Congo tetras
1 hybrid shovel nose-3 inches
1 aligator gar-3 inches

Let me know what y'all think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 88
Those fish are not suitable for your tank size, are you aware?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For now they are more than suitable for my tank and it's size!!!! And before anybody continues to rant I already have future plans made for both fish!!!! I have researched them and made plans more than what most people do before they buy a fish

Anybody else who is gonna be a nazi about my tank size and the fish don't post just wanted to show my tank and see what y'all thought

And also the black neon tetras are in there as a food source and the Congo tetras are being moved to a separate tank as well

Tank looks great. Maybe add a carpeting type plant in all that open floor space ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm acuatlly leaving the space open on purpose as to give the gar ample moving space.

Do you have a pic of your hybrid shovel nose?

May the force be with you.

It's a little small but he's chilling on his rock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 55
tank looks fine, maybe some more rock work or create tiers.......

Ok, Now I'm gonna be a Nazi.
Why the heck are you using tetras as food when feeder guppies are cheap and plentiful????????????????????????
They are 15 for $1 at my lfs.
kinda lose some fish keeping points on that one IMHO.

The tetras were the cycling fish and I never planned to keep them in the long run bought them on sale so just went with those.......

And as far as rocks and stuff I like to have ample swimming space for everything so I go lighter on decor than most but I still provide plenty of hiding spots and dark spots in the procees

Back
Top Bottom