Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thoughts About Community Feed

I was wondering if you guys could share some experience/opinions regarding feeding.

For now, I will be housing male endlers, corydoras (either sterbai or bronze), and neo. shrimp. My first occupants (endlers) will be here next week.

The foods I've already purchased are Hikari micro pellets, Hikari sinking wafers, and TetraMin tropical flakes. What else can I add in for variety and optimal health? I'm open to live brine later on down the line, but for now, I want to stick to more affordable, easy foods.

I've heard a lot of people use Repashy, but I'm not sure which type would be ideal for my situation, if any.

What recommendations do you guys have for community foods and what kind of schedule do you use? Flakes every day and variety 1-2 times a week? A full mix every day? Etc.

JackBinimbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think you got all the bases covered. Really no need to go for the frozen foods. Personally I would use the Omega One (color) small grain sinking pellets and the Omega One flakes.
(American Made). I feed the flakes 2x a day, the pellets 1x.
IMO, Hikari makes very good products. Tetra is a mid level, satisfactory product.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I second V. I use the same stuff. I also mix in Omega super veggie flakes twice a week.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Those Omega One flakes are amazing, been my staple flakes for years. I recently started feeding Fluval bug bites to my fish (tetra community tank and a killifish tank) and they both DEVOUR them. I used the Omega One flakes, pellets, and freeze dried bloodworms, along with the bloodworms. My guys seem pretty happy with the variety.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've heard a lot of things about the Omega. Some people say their fish won't touch it and others swear by it. I think I'll give it a try after TetraMin. I bought small amounts so that I could try things out over time.

Everyone's expertise is quite invaluable for a beginner!
JackBinimbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Iíve been using New Life Spectrum flakes and are readily acceptable for the most part by the Rasboras and tetras.
The Omega sounds interesting.
My fish donít really go for the Fluval Bug Bites (the cories and shrimp like them though).
Old 09-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

New Life Spectrum is also a great brand. It was all I used when I kept fancy gold fish and black moor's.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your stocking have fish and invertebrates which are not picky eaters so you can feed them any good food which is available. Tetra or hikari. You don't need hassle to go for frozen food. Your fish will readily accept everything. Corys and shrimps will keep your gravel clean.

Tags
community, feed, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com