Thoughts on bichir and crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read a couple things online that say it can work great. I saw a couple electric blue lobsters at the lfs and think their great, I would love to have one. Just don't want it eating my bichir since he hangs out on the bottom. Bichir shouldn't be able to eat him, bichir is about 5" lobsters are about 3-5" and will have some hiding spots

I once saw a ropefish tear apart a crayfish that looked entirely too large for it to tackle, then eat it in pieces. Crayfish are a natural part of a bicher's diet as well.

And also I saw one of those electric blues at the pet store munching on their plants they had for sale.....lol.
I wouldn't want that happening to my plants

Dont do it!!!! I have a baby senegal bichir thats about 5 inches and he ate my red crayfish when he was molting. I woke up in the morning to find a headshell and a bodyshell and 2 tailshells with just a little meat left. The crayfish was only about 2 inches though bu i wouldnt do t again

You guys are right crayfish are on the menu for rope fish. They love all kinds of shrimp to.

Back
Top Bottom