Tiger barb compatability list!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What types of fish can be in the same tank with 6 tiger barbs???

I have a 29 gallon tank that I want tiger barbs in once it's done cycling!

Please list as many fish that could do well with tiger barbs.

I know for sure that I'm rehoming my bn pleco with them and that I want a kribensis or two. Would that be ok?

Also are green tiger barbs and tiger barbs the same fish except color of course??

Will they school together?

Hey

2 kribs will be fine I have -

7 tiger and 1 green barb
2 kribs
2 Bn pleco.

They all work well together.

Also are green tiger barbs and tiger barbs the same fish except color of course??

Will they school together?

Dont know if you're following the other post I have up about a centerpiece fish to go with a group of tigers, but I have both tiger and albno and they school together great.

That would be a lot for a 29 though. Kribs can get nippy themselves when spawning.

I was thinking 6 tiger barbs and 4 green tiger barbs, bn pleco, 2 kribs, and 1 keyhole cichlid.

I would do a pair of kribs or keys. Having a odd cichlid in with a pair would likely get stressed easy.

Ok thanks. Ill do that with the kribs only. What kind of centerpiece fish could I add to finish the tank off?

I was thinking 6 tiger barbs and 4 green tiger barbs, bn pleco, 2 kribs, and 1 keyhole cichlid.

I would go with the keyholes, and no Kribs. Kribs can get very aggressive, and being crowded in a 29 gallon with a bunch of barbs might send them over the edge. With 10 barbs in a 29 gallon tank there isn't much room in the top half of the tank for anything. Maybe 3 of each barb, 2 keyholes, and a few bottom dwellers like cories, or small loaches?

I would go with the keyholes, and no Kribs. Kribs can get very aggressive, and being crowded in a 29 gallon with a bunch of barbs might send them over the edge. With 10 barbs in a 29 gallon tank there isn't much room in the top half of the tank for anything. Maybe 3 of each barb, 2 keyholes, and a few bottom dwellers like cories, or small loaches?

Cory's can be with keyholes and tiger barbs?

If so then what do you think of this stock?

4 tiger barbs
4 green tigers
4 albino Cory's
1 bn pleco
2 keyholes

Cory's can be with keyholes and tiger barbs?

If so then what do you think of this stock?

4 tiger barbs
4 green tigers
4 albino Cory's
1 bn pleco
2 keyholes

Yes they can. I would say that stock is heavy because albino cories get quite large, but as long as you have good filtration and keep up on your weekly water changes you should be alright.

Yes they can. I would say that stock is heavy because albino cories get quite large, but as long as you have good filtration and keep up on your weekly water changes you should be alright.

I thought that albino Cory's only get 2".

Can white skirt tetras be kept with tiger barbs??

In my 29 gal I have 2 tiger barbs, 2 albino tiger barbs, 1 moss green tiger, and a neon green tiger barb. I also have a German blue ram, knight goby, dojo loach, and tiger botia.

Back
Top Bottom