Tiger Barb Holding Eggs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks and I'm sorry for the blurry pic they're so fast! But compared to the other tiger barb it's really fat but I wasn't sure if it's just not able to goto the bathroom

Hi,

First off, wrong forum. Sure a mod or admin will move it eventually.

But, to your question! :)

IMO it looks like a regular tiger barb, but it's kinda hard to tell from the pic.

I feed all my fish shrimp pellets and a piece of cucumber. But the tiger barb has been like that for a couple of weeks but it looks like there is a black spot on the side of its belly

Bates1990 said:
I feed all my fish shrimp pellets and a piece of cucumber. But the tiger barb has been like that for a couple of weeks but it looks like there is a black spot on the side of its belly

Idk if tiger barbs have gravid spot but it could be. I know some livebearers have it.

Do you know if the shrimp pellets are freeze-dried, frozen, etc???

Black spot on the fish, could be some infection. What is your levels of ammonia, nitrites, nitrates?

Bates1990 said:
Lol I hate to sound undereducated but what does that mean?

My bad I think everyone knows what I knows. Gravid spot is what some fish get when they are pregnant like guppys. Could be Diease though

Attachments

• image-3997936976.jpg
    image-3997936976.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 84
They are dried pellets in a jar at room temp also I have givin them frozen blood worms but they thawed out and started to smell different so I stopped using that and the spot is very small almost like you can see eggs through it. I can't be sure if its past any waist there's like 20 fish and I have another tank to maintain so I haven't been able to watch

Oh ok thank you very much I had no idea that fish had a laxative lol. Does anyone know what I can do to encourage her to lay her eggs

Back
Top Bottom