tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
correct me if im wrong but by going with what its saying online i should have this right? (pics) 20171121_130718.jpg20171121_130654.jpg20171121_130508.jpg

its only today the red has started really showing on 2 of my 4 barbs ...one barb is bigger then the rest and we thought it was female as its fat lol until now its got red on top of its mouth its supposidly a male....right or wrong with pics ?

With Tiger Barbs the males will have more intense coloration and a very distinctive deep red or bright orange nose. The dominant male will outshine the other males.
There are numerous members that are really into Tigers and will likely chime in with more info.

With Tiger Barbs the males will have more intense coloration and a very distinctive deep red or bright orange nose. The dominant male will outshine the other males.
There are numerous members that are really into Tigers and will likely chime in with more info.
as i say ive got 4 and 2 have red on them and 2 dont the 3 smaller ones were bought at same time ...i did try and get all 4 together but not easy lol

Nice Albinos you have there.

Pic #1 Definitely female.
Pic #3 Definitely male.
Pic #2, pretty sure the male is labeled right. The "female", possibly.

Pic #3 Definitely male.
its weird the "male" in this pic has "lost" its red this evening do they do this normally?
20171121_130654.jpg

Most fish can change the intensity of their colors by mood.
Washed out = Stress
Vivid = Dominance

Pic #3 Definitely male.
well the one i thought was the male in pic 2 was actually a female she laid eggs the other day the one in pic 3 was the only male we had and he died after spawning but none have hatched so have no idea what happened

Back
Top Bottom