tiger barbs and convict advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pookie71384

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about getting some tiger barbs to put in with my female convict...I know tiger barbs are known for fin nipping and kind of bullying other fish by pestering them but will they try to fin nip my female convict?...she's beautiful and has all her fins without any nips on them...anyone have experince with tiger barbs and convicts?

I've read on other forums of some that kept TB's and a Convict or two together successfully. How large of a tank do you have? With TB's, it's important to keep them in a group of 5+ ... figure 7 is a good number to start with ... but the more the better. Larger groups tends to keep their fin-nipping aggression to themselves. Also DW and Plants along the sides and back help TB's feel more secure, though mine prefer the open areas.

If I remember reading correctly, convicts are tough enough to stand up to TB's.
Hopefully other member(s) here who's kept them together can give their input.

BTW .. What type of TB's are you considering .. the Regular, Albino or Green TB?

thanks for the info...I have a 29 gallon tank with a female convict...I was thinking of the reqular tiger barbs

Back
Top Bottom