Tiger barbs, danios and gouromie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might want to think about a bottom dweller to round out the tank. The 37gl being a tall tank you need to think about if all areas will be used. Different fish in different layers not all crowded in the middle section.
gourami's stay in the top third of the tank
bloodfins mostly in the middle
Silver tetra mainly in the middle as well
cherry barb is allover the tank
that leaves an empty bottom
Just something to think about

I don't understand this post. I know this which is why I had already said I need a bottom dweller first and was discussing BN plecos vs loaches. I have a 55gal tank, and I had heard loaches get very big, so I was thinking the tank might be a little small for a group of loaches after filling the schools of top (danios) and middle (tiger barbs) feeders out. This wouldn't leave room for the few gouramis I was thinking about.

If you would like to suggest a bottom feeder that would be good.

SAE don't get overly large, nor BN plecs, but the plectrum is Amazonian... I think they are cute too, but they do poop for England!

I posted without seeing page 2. Sorry to have confused. It was me being the confused one. Nothing new. lol
If you dont want loaches or catfish maybe a pair of Kribensis will fill the bill. I have had them in a community tank with no problems. Just give them a cave (or small pot) to hide in.

Loaches are amazing fish. I would recommend them if you keep pristine water and have a qt tank. They are very sensitive to ich and are usually the first to die. I just bought five clowns for my 90 and plan to qt for three weeks. Just food for thought.

Yoyo's are beautiful too, the clown in my LFS look mental! Loads of the, going round and round and round! However, the chaps in the shop say they get a lot of clowns back again when they outgrow most tanks and get boisterous!

Back
Top Bottom