Tiger barbs died what else!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I bought 6 tiger barbs and in a matter of a week there all either dead or eaten. I want a schooling fish for my 40 gallon tank with 2 pitcus catfish 1 albino bichir 1 leaf fish 1 firemouth and 2 rams!! Aqadvisor says I'm 87 percent stocked. What other options could I have. And yes the firemouth is really chill and doesn't attack the rams

U think that would be good? And could they hold there ground? Also how big do they get up to?

Ok r they pretty common to find? And thx brookster ur always there to help me lmao

Yea I found them on my lfs website but there 9 dollars each!!! For a school of 6 (I think that would be a nice size school) would be $54.00 yikes

Yah they're not cheap.. They look way cool though.. You could prob do 4-5??

Ok that store is always a little pricey Ill look around and let u guys know what I come across!!!

Ok brookster time to use your noggin again haha. Could u give me 3 other choices incase I can't afford the congos. And your right they do look pretty cool

Would those hold there own? I mean even though my leaf fish and firemouth a PRETTY chill doesn't mean they don't chase things around a couple times a day. And also incase one of them do become highly aggressive I based my tank so that they could hold their own!! Would rainbow fish be capable of that

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395777976.739589.jpgheres the setup. There's a lot of hiding spots but also a lot of swimming room

Ya it's a 40 bow front. Sorry for the confusion. Is that bad? And yes it's a 40 bow not a 36 I got it custom made

Cool! So what are the exact measurements? I feel like we all recommended more fish based in the footprint of 40 breeder which has more options because of all the floor space.

Length is 34 inches. With is 18 inches. And height is 23 inches. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe some killi's, they'll stay up top most of the time..

Last edited:
Ok I'll look into them. Thanks. And how bout the rainbow fish. My lfs sells Australian rainbow fish for 1.50!!!! Would those work?

Back
Top Bottom