Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-31-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tiger Barbs livin' the rep.! What now?

Last week I got 9 small (1") tiger barbs and 2 bosemani rainbows. Everything was fine for a while. The barbs bickered amongst themselves, and mostly ignored the others. One of the rainbow's was chasing around the other a little, but I wasn't worried.

I guess the barbs have settled in and are getting bored. Because now they are chasing around the rainbows whenever they see them, and yes, there is some "nipping". So far the rainbows look OK, but I don't want things to get worse. I especially feel bad for the one Bosemani that gets chased by the 9 barbs and the other rainbow. He spends most of his time hiding behind the powerhead, although he still comes out to eat.

So...should I give it a few more days to see if things settle down?
Or do I bring those "clowns" back, and get a couple more rainbows, before things get worse?

-
Amazon swords (narrow), Dwarf Hairgrass, Glosso, Cryptocoryne wendtii, chainswords, Ludwigia glandulosa, Blyxa japonica, Didiplis diandra, Microswords, Eustralis stellata (I think).
current516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Codefox Send a message via AIM to Codefox Send a message via MSN to Codefox Send a message via Yahoo to Codefox
It's a big tank...might want to consider a few more tigers to keep them bickering amonst themselves. That might not work either though cause it sounds like everyone's found a weak target to pick on.

Tags
barb, barbs, tiger, tiger barbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com