Tiger Barbs livin' the rep.! What now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

current516

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last week I got 9 small (1") tiger barbs and 2 bosemani rainbows. Everything was fine for a while. The barbs bickered amongst themselves, and mostly ignored the others. One of the rainbow's was chasing around the other a little, but I wasn't worried.

I guess the barbs have settled in and are getting bored. Because now they are chasing around the rainbows whenever they see them, and yes, there is some "nipping". So far the rainbows look OK, but I don't want things to get worse. I especially feel bad for the one Bosemani that gets chased by the 9 barbs and the other rainbow. He spends most of his time hiding behind the powerhead, although he still comes out to eat.

So...should I give it a few more days to see if things settle down?
Or do I bring those "clowns" back, and get a couple more rainbows, before things get worse?

It's a big tank...might want to consider a few more tigers to keep them bickering amonst themselves. That might not work either though cause it sounds like everyone's found a weak target to pick on.

Back
Top Bottom