Tiger Oscar disliking Hikari Cichlid Pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbarr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't really understand, but I bought Hikari Cichlid Pellets at the LFS today, and I came home excited to have bought some specialty fish food, and all he does is spit it back out!

Will he get used to it? Should I stick to the flakes?

(PS - What else to Tiger Oscar's like to eat? Any suggestions?)

Please and thanks!

don't feed anything else AT ALL.
he'll eat them when he starts to get hungry.
Took me 2 weeks to ween mine fully onto pellets

He's about 3 in. as of now. About a month old. One problem is that I have other fish to feed as well. I usually just feed them with flakes, and the oscar has no problem whatsoever eating most of the flakes himself. Any advice?

You can make sure that the flakes you put in are really, really small. He probably won't bother with them then. What size pellets did you get? Perhaps they are too big for him/her to swallow.

I have one that will eat just about anything....except vegetables. So, if I want to feed the others I can put in some zuchhini that I put in the microwave long enough to soften it. He won't touch the stuff!

At about three inches, you could go with the mini size that Hikari makes.

Congrats on getting a high-quality food for your oscar. I would have to agree with the others: let him get hungry and he will eat the pellets.

Mine eats hikari pellets, earthworms, tubifex worm cubes, red worms, grasshoppers, crickets, turkey, liver, tankmates (rosy / tiger barbs). Keep mixing it up, he'll soon get a taste for everything.

Back
Top Bottom