Tiger shovel nose triangle indent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed yesterday that my 8" tiger shovelnose ( pseudoplatstoma fasciatum ) has an elongated triangle indent running down his head/snout, is this normal or is there something wrong with him?

It was really hard to get them but here they are, its right between his eyes, its not the scratches on his nose he got spooked and done then on the bog wood :banghead:

Attachments

• image-1128918804.jpg
    image-1128918804.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-358614157.jpg
    image-358614157.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2090529407.jpg
    image-2090529407.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 72
WOW he's a good looking boy!! ;) Did it just appear out of nowhere? Looks like a normal part of catfish heads... My pictus has a dent

Thanks :) and I'm not sure because he only comes out to feed and is moving around a lot so I haven't noticed it before, and thanks I hope so I would hate to lose him, i'v had him since he was just over 2 inch

Keep in mind they get well over 2 feet ? I believe. My LFS has a 1000 g build and has one in it - huge mouth !!!! Very cool

Yea I know, I'm hoping he gets bigger than that :) and I research all my fish before I buy them and I have a lot of monsters lol their next home is a 600g plywood tank and I am planning a 5000g in the very near future so they should get enough exercise in there :p

Yea it is going to be huge :D and I'm not exactly sure how to make it yet, still planning the best way to build it haha I'm thinking brick ATM but not sure that's why I am building the 600g but no not like a swimming pool coz its going to be out of ground :)

Yea it is going to be huge :D and I'm not exactly sure how to make it yet, still planning the best way to build it haha I'm thinking brick ATM but not sure that's why I am building the 600g but no not like a swimming pool coz its going to be out of ground :)

Do you have room for a pond? Think goldfish, not 5 acre farm pond.

I have room but I don't want a pond because it will loose to much heat and the running costs would be astronomical and also the risk of herons and cats getting at my aquatic beasties. I have been looking at large plywood aquarium designs but I'm thinking brick might be a longer lasting method.

Back
Top Bottom