tight schooling fish for hard water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have kept black tetras and they can be a bit nippy as well but really only the males. They are a very hardy, active fish.

I'm still pleased about the white clouds - I don't think I'll ever be without them.

I think the ich reference was based on the preponderance of ich in the clown loaches at the LFS. Definitely hold out for some healthy specimens, and, of course, quarrantine!

yep TG...clown loaches are notorious for being ichy... :roll:
...ich will definitely attack within the first week at the lfs...so i prefer to keep slightly higher temps in the tank to ward off possible attacks...

well...i have no experience about black/red phantoms...but looking at black skirts, their type is more content in defining their territory and defending it from others of their type...

Black neons school nicely - i have relatively hard water and keep a group of 7 along with some von rio tetras which are very pretty as well. They stick together most all the time. I'm also a huge white cloud fan, they become very pretty and color up when they're taken care of and comfortable. Definitely a no fuss fish! As far as an earlier post about the buenos aires tetras, I have a small group of 7 in my 55 gal and they schooled for around a month while they were getting comfortable and since then have territories staked out all over and hardly group as a whole at all.

so can i assume from various opinions that fish generally touted as soft water species can be kept in hard water as long as the conditions are stable and clean?

Back
Top Bottom