tightest schoolers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morgie said:
My ghost catfish are definitely my tightest schoolers. Not for everyone, but I love them. :>

Ya I actually love how they school but imo there fugly lol

Yep, as I said they aren't for everyone haha! Hatchets are also tight schoolers. If you get a large enough school of any type of barb they will school tightly. When my school of Odessa's was in it's peak it was amazing. They get quite large, though.

Tiger barbs school nice IMO. If you have at least 8 and at least a 55g long tank. Mine would always swim together from one side o the tank to the other.

Hahaha ya when i put my finger on one side of my tank they all swim over there! Haha all 20 of my fish follow my finger

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahaha ya when i put my finger on one side of my tank they all swim over there! Haha all 20 of my fish follow my finger

I love playing with my cichlids like that.. give em a lil work out one end of the tank to the other haha

Well I think I've came to the conclusion that ill either do a lrg school of barbs or a very lrg school of neons... now how bout some ideas for a centerpiece fish for either school

I do not no much abt barbs, but i do no alot abt tetras. I like lemon tetras and penguin tetras! Look in to those!! Haha and get a gourmi or mayb rams depending on how big ur tank is and if ur water is clean

See I thought about the rams but I've got a cichlid only tank already and I'm not a big fan of the gouramis almost everytime I've added one to my community tank I've came down with ich... 3 separate occasions over the last maybe 10 years

Ok maybe a micro angel or full size angel? This will work if ur tetras are big
Enough to not get eaten

Ya I've been wanting an angel I love em full grown but they kinda limit the tankmates more then most...i kno I'm sounding a bit picky right now but id like to finish a tank with out wishing I had did something different mid way through for a change lol

Would a puffer work giving a lrg enough tank and enough hides and plants for the smaller fish with him

Nu-Nu the eel said:
No. Puffers are agressive and will pick on tetras until they are all deadd

Wut about with a barb school though I kno there tough lil fish I've owned a couple different schools of em never with a puffer though

I do not no much abt them, but i no they are agressive and only should be kept with other agressive species. You could risk it but i reccomend you do more reasearch

Wut about with a barb school though I kno there tough lil fish I've owned a couple different schools of em never with a puffer though
Puffer are not good community dwellers IMO. They should not be kept with smaller schoolers like barbs or tetras. Not to mention, you did not specify the type of puffer, but most puffers need brackish water, not fresh. IMO, even the dwarf puffers make terrble community dwellers. they have those beak-like mouths which can do serious damage to fish.

Back
Top Bottom