tightest schoolers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Puffer are not good community dwellers IMO. They should not be kept with smaller schoolers like barbs or tetras. Not to mention, you did not specify the type of puffer, but most puffers need brackish water, not fresh. IMO, even the dwarf puffers make terrble community dwellers. they have those beak-like mouths which can do serious damage to fish.

I agree. Puffers may look cool but they are killers

That's what I thought, only problem is where to put them all, the ones I looked at come as about 50+ eggs, at 1/8 inch it's easy but at 2 inches that's a whole different story. Excuse for more aquariums lol? It's for the kids right, that's a solid excuse.

Harlequin Rasboras all the way! I have five in my tank with some smaller angels. They swim around the tank together and seem very happy.:fish2:
And I noticed someone said schooling fish are stressed but honestly the angels completely leave them alone. During feeding time everyone comes up to the top and all hang out without any nipping or chasing. I just think some fish are more inclined to school.

beg to differ, schooling fish are more inclined to school. if you have a fish like tetras your are doing them a huge favour by having adequate numbers for them to form a school. if you have two they are not going to feel comfortable and hence cause stress. schooling fish need to be kept as a school. a school is a minimum of 5-6 fish---minimum---you add a school of angels or any other non schooling fish your in for a disaster.

I agree. Get a very NON agressive type of fish. I have found that they school better in groups of 7-10 and is there is a large centerpiece fish in there they tend to stick together.

Hastatus corys schooling , also check out my Harleys in my other vids

Punkyfish said:
My harlequin rasboras school very nicely during and after a water change. Lol! they soon chill out and find there own space tho. I tried to combat it by adding some cherry barbs, but they all just hang out together lol not a bad thing I suppose theyre all friends 

I have three hastatus corys ( similar to pigmy) and they are Neva more than 1/2 inch from each other. They often go and follow other fish as a team!!

Also a group of corydoras (any type) will be pleasing to watch as they'll interact and play with each other

I have 6 GlowLight Tetras, looks amazing when they swimming in their clique lol though now and again there is a power struggle to see who swims ahead of the pack, nothing to violent though ;-)
My panda corys also look cool when they swim in their feeding formation.

Back
Top Bottom