Time to move babies in the big world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two babies that I have since like September and my question is, is it okay to let them swim in the tank?
I have two pregnant platty and I need the incubator for the new babies.
What I have in my tank are
Platty
Neon tetra
skirt tetra
And Cory catfish
I attach a picture so
You guys let me know if it's possible to let them swim
Around with their other fish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436757867.365232.jpg
Thanks

Platy should be fine but I would leave the other one for a while longer. Let it get a bit more bulk on it

Platy should be fine but I would leave the other one for a while longer. Let it get a bit more bulk on it

You talking about the white fish? The white fish is actually a Molly and the other one is a ( spacing out ) ???

I would assume they will be fine as long as you have small hiding places. That's how it works in the wild, why should our tanks be any different.... kinda... ha

Brad McLaughlin
Tampa Bay Area

They look already very big. I usually don't let fry stay in the breeder box longer than a week or 2.

I do have a prefilter sponge to keep them out of the filter though.

The Molly is definitely big enough the guppy(I'm assuming that's what that is)looks a little small but should be fine. I'd release them when you have plenty of downtime and watch them for about an hour to be sure but they should be fine nothing you have seams too aggressive

Keep calm and drum on

If you don't have any plants in your tank, now might be a good time to put in a little grove - plastic or live. Also a live floating plant or two for additional hiding spots would make your smaller fish feel safer and you a little more comfortable.

Sent via an unladen European Swallow

Back
Top Bottom