Tin Foil Barbs aquarium size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carriepatterson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while. I'm relatively new to fish keeping. I've been keeping fish for about a year.

I started out with a 10 gallon but I have since started to aquire aquariums :brows:

I have a 55g, a 40g, a 20L, and a 20H.

I bought my 55g from someone on craigslist a while ago. My intention was to rehome the fish that came with the aquairum (a green terror chichlid) so I could move my goldfish to the 55g. Mainly because the aquarium was such a steal. Anyway, I ended up falling in love with the fish because he was only being re-homed because the person was moving to a smaller place because her husband died suddenly. It was sort of sad and moving and I decided, I wanted to care for the fish.

One day, I was browsing at my local fish store when I happened to inquire about tank mates for him. They suggested tin foil barbs. I told them my tank size and they were like "OH YEAH, that would be great, get at least 3 of them" and so stupidly, (i've since learned to do research FIRST)I thought it was a great idea. I took three home and started doing research and found out that they require an even larger aquarium. They have been living (happily) I assume in my 55 gallon with my green terror for about 5 months. They have grown considerably, however.

I've been sort of going back and fourth about if I should rehome them or get a bigger aquarium. I found a great deal on a 110 gallon aquarium and I'm thinking about getting it.

So after all that rambling, my question is, is 110g adequate for them? I want them to be happy and healthy and I'd like to keep them, I just don't think I can fit anything larger into my place. Any advice is appreciated! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom