Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tiny brown bugs

I just noticed some tiny (like a pinhead) tan/brown bugs in my 55 gallon tank. They are on the rocks and seem to stay on the fish for a little while, then go elsewhere. I haven't introduced anything new into the tank, so I dont' know where they could be from. Does anyone know what this might be?

Old 12-08-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmmm, i hit submit but it didn't seem to work... oh well... to sum up what I just typed a minute ago... I had something similar to what you read about in the other post but based on the fact that you've seen them on the fish, well, I just hope someone else has a better idea than me. The things I had never bothered the fish at all. When they're on the fish, do the fish seem uncomfortable or anything? Does it look like they attach or just sort of sit there? It's really hard to say. Someone else, I'm sure, will give you some good links or something so you can compare pictures. Hopefully it isn't a parasite but if it is they need to be treated soon.

Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the reply. They don't really seem to attach to the fish, they just sort of crawl around on her like they do on the rocks, and she doesn't seem bothered. Still, they make me nervous.
Petsmart says they sound like a parasite of some kind, so I am going to try "Maracide" treatment.

Tags
bug

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com