Tiny Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steelhawke

Aquarium Advice Activist
K, stopped at a yard sale yesterday and picked up a 10 gal tank to use for fry (if I ever get any) and the guy threw in a 2 gal set up with it. I pretty much know the answer but just want to make sure, what can I put in something that small? I'm thinking a betta is about it, right?

I think a Betta would work. My friend used to have a very healthy betta in a half gallon bowl. But I'm not an expert on bettas...

Shrimp would be your best option. You could have more of them than the single betta. Could end up looking great!

Ok, you guys talked me into it, might try to set it up as a Red Cherry Shrimp breeder for my 55. At least I'll try it.

Steelhawke said:
Gee, now I need to find a source for those little guys, Petsmart around here doesn't sell them, just the ghost shrimp.

Find a place that is more fish specific. Call around if you don't wanna make the trip. Be weary that they are about 6times more expensive than ghost.

Yeah, I'll end up going with ghost shrimp. I started the tank up today and found out the wife doesn't have any ammonia in the house so no fast cycling here. Threw in some flakes to get bacteria growing, maybe I'll go to store tomorrow to get my loving wife some laundry supplies.

Back
Top Bottom