Tiny Tank filter (DIY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, if you've done this correctly, bubbles should be coming out of the tube only, and not out of the small holes in the lid- those are to let the water in as it gets pulled up the tube.

If it's not working correctly, you may need to modify it or use a valve to reduce the airflow.

I think it could be improved and quieted with a small air stone (if there's room of course), but instead of extending the tube down to the bottom, you would leave the end near the top, and put the small holes around the bottom rather than in the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The bubbles are coming out the tube only. I just now modified its contents. It is now (from the bottom)sponge->carbon->filter floss.

Meaning water should now pass through the filter floss, then the carbon, and lastly through the sponge....correct?

Do i need to change the order any?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wanted something that wouldn't settle on the bottom and could be pulled easily through a filter. It was my way of testing this filter. Maybe the filter isn't passing the test or milk was a bad choice. I only added a few drops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The plan is solid. Will work with top or bottom holes as long as the air escape holes remain in lid. Could be modified for different canisters. Could be used for long distance transfer bucket with battery op air pump.

Back
Top Bottom