Tiny white worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just did a PWC and rearranged the decor in my 10gal and noticed tiny white worms floating in the water after it got stirred up. What are they and how do I get rid of them. I haven't added anyone new in about three months. Not sure how long they have been there. Could it be a pest that piggy backed in from the LFS?

are they wiggling around... if not they could be feces from your fish that you haven't noticed because it sits in the gravel till you stir it up and then its out in the open floating around

Nope they are wiggling. But I thought that too at first but then I noticed the wiggle.

from what ive read about planaria is that they dont swim they crawl along the glass.. if this is incorrect please let me know

nematodes perhaps??
are they thrashing about in a kind of s shape?

How much do you feed and how often?

Sorry. I have not figured it out yet. I think hey are nematodes. The are thread like and wiggle. All of them have settled back to the bottom and no one looks bad. But I don't know what to do.

Ok def a nematode. I bet they came in with the chinese algae eaters I introduced a while ago. I don't feed my guys much as it is. Every two to three days with frozen blood worms and fill in some of the blanks with flake and starve them twice a week. Tank water is great. So I'll cut back on how much food I put in the tank. And if that doesn't work I'll have to look up some de worming med. I have an african dwarf frog in there so I'll have to research them.

Actually I think if you vac the substraight and make very sure you are scooping out the excess food in 10 min or not feeding as much ii belive they will die off on their own

Back
Top Bottom