tired guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipee2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have been away for a week and a couple of days, i put a feeding block in but it turned to mush in about half a week so i asked my dad who was still at home to feed them. i came back today and could'nt find my 3rd guppy my dad spotted it at the bottom behind a rock i thought it was dead but i put the net and it came but was moving very slowly and it has lost some colour in its tail. i looked up online and it sounds as if it is constipated but the person was also talking about changing the water, i usually change about 4-5l from my 30l tank every 2 weeks but i think supposed to change 9l but im not sure. if it is constipated i heard something about peas? should i get an ammonia meter thing? none of my other fish seem to be effected but should i isolate this fish or something?i dont know what to do? please help!!:(

The feeder block has likely fouled your water. You will need to get a liquid test kit as soon as possible to get your tank back in order. For the time being I would start with 50% daily water changes.

Do you know what it means to cycle a tank? Do you know about the nitrogen cycle?

i have heard about the cycle but i dont really know what it is?could u explain?please? should i take out the mush at the bottom of my tank? i will get a test kit ASAP.thank you so much for the advice!!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom